Labels

Thursday 5 January 2012

If you love


“If you love me, keep my commandments” (John 14:15)

Things which seem so attractive are not necessarily what God wants for our lives. Do we love Him enough to put Him before something which we know deep down isn’t in our best interest? Christianity isn’t just claiming all the good things that God offers. It’s also about struggle with the temptations that still come. It’s about sacrificing our own will and  saying “no” when we desperately would like to say “yes” to that person, that course of action, that attraction. It’s knowing what my will is, and still saying “Your will be done.”

A Prayer

Dear Lord,
Thank You that You understand the struggles that I face. Thank You that You are always there to listen when I tell you how I feel about things. Help me to give to you the situations that are causing me to struggle, knowing that You can work things out in a better way than I could ever imagine. You are the best.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment