Labels

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Black Cockatoos


God minsters to me so often through plants and animals. The natural world is full of the most wonderful surprises and delights. Many times something unexpected has really touched my heart and I thank God for the precious moments where His creativity and glory have been shown through nature.
I recall a visitor who made me heart-sick. Without going into details, this person’s visit to my house left a lot to be desired one day. Suffice to say that as the person happily departed and I watched the car disappearing around the end of the street, I stood at the front door  feeling absolutely demoralised. Satan whispered into my mind that I was inadequate, insignificant and second-rate.
 As tears threatened, suddenly a pair of black cockatoos, rarely seen in the city, appeared in the sky before my eyes, circling and squawking. Their presence entranced me. As sure as I have ever felt anything, I felt the message from God at that moment was “Here is something special from me, for you, that I know you’ll enjoy. I see you. I love you. You matter to me.”
What a special symbol of God’s love appeared to me just when I needed it. Praise Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment