Labels

Saturday 23 November 2013

Thankful

5 areas to be thankful in this year. What's yours?

1. Relationship with God -
this year i have known His loving presence in so many ways. My dependency upon Him has grown. I increasingly learn that as much as I love other people in my life, they cannot and should not be depended upon to be to me all that God is. I've learned more about God through personal Bible study, church sermons and some teaching series that I've attended, as well as a weekly Bible study group. I've drawn close to Him through prayer. I enjoy reading books on Christian topics, especially counselling, and watch Christian DVDs and internet teaching resources. I love to connect with other Christians through church and in other areas. His Holy Spirit ministers to me, often through the written word and through nature, music and worship.

2. The people in my life who bless me in so many ways:
My husband
My children
Special friends
My church family
My connect group


3. My employment
and a special group of people - the clients that I work with in my job in community health and connect with on a daily basis. Working now in acute care, I visit each for a period of two weeks and sometimes a further two weeks if they return to hospital, so generally my time with each is short. I hear so much oral history and learn much about people.

4. Times of relaxation and renewal
- this year the highlight was an unexpected trip to Adelaide for my son to participate in "True Colours" Asia-Pacific Autism Conference.
I thank God for the beauty of nature that refreshes the soul and the plants and animals that He provides for our delight. My two dogs and two cats and fishpond in the garden are great blessings.

5. God's presence in difficult times
 - when loved ones are touched by illness, or uncertainty and for me personally this year when my former work ceased due to a massive restructuring of the public community health programs. Praise God, He provided opportunities for me to remain in community health, which I love, and to remain in the public health system, which I feel a strong commitment to.






No comments:

Post a Comment