Labels

Friday 30 December 2016

Goodbye to the old, embrace what is to come.

As 2016 draws to its final hours, it's good to reflect on what has been and look forward to the year ahead. For me personally there have been many times of enjoyment, being blessed in my faith and Christian walk with my Lord; enjoying the love and company of my husband, my family and friends. In my work I've found much fulfillment as I work with severely disabled people who never cease to give love and create a community of diversity and inclusion. I've enjoyed a wonderful trip to Central Australia where I appreciated the beauty of the landscapes around Uluru and Kata Tjuta and learned more of indigenous culture.
A brush with cancer again, resulting in surgery to remove a melanoma and lymph gland, with a very positive outcome has reminded me to be thankful for all the blessings that I enjoy and to be mindful of my health.
I've grown deeper in my knowledge of the word of God, through reading many of the books of the Bible in conjunction with listening to Chuck Smith's excellent series as I study each book. The late Rev. Smith has a teaching series of all 66 books of the Bible available on Youtube. I've enjoyed being part of the congregation at Bridgeman Downs Baptist Church and love it when we as a large congregation sing together.
In my spare time I've read many good books this year and a couple of dreadfuls. I've completed lots of puzzles and coloured pictures and knitted woolen clothing for Vietnam and nearly finished a blanket. My garden in partly weeded and partly wild.
Through the internet I've shared Facebook posts, poetry, six word memoirs and articles on this blog. Through my words I hope to share the love of Jesus Christ to those who do not yet know Him, and to encourage those who do to deepen their faith, in good times and not so good. He is the sure hope of peace and joy, starting in this life and continuing unto the heaven to come.
I especially acknowledge those Christians living in circumstances where it's difficult to practice their faith. Be assured that we are remembering you in our prayers and other forms of assistance. You are not forgotten. Whenever we sing, we sing for those who cannot sing aloud.
May God bless those who have visited this blog throughout the coming year.

"Forgetting the things that are behind and reaching out for the things that are ahead, with this goal in mind, I strive toward the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:13-15)

Shedding the old makes way for new growth- a living metaphor from the Aussie eucalypts. Photo taken this week hiking in the Conondale ranges.

No comments:

Post a Comment