Labels

Sunday 12 July 2015

Consecration Sunday



At the moment it’s cold in Brisbane, comparatively.  It’s winter here and the sun is shining, but I had to wear a coat yesterday. Temperatures had dropped to around 6 degrees centigrade overnight, but during the day the sun was shining and despite the wind chill factor, it was warm enough to shed the coat and wear a jumper. We still haven’t had a heater on inside our home. Such is winter in Queensland.
I just had another birthday. Life has its seasons too. The financial year has started again. We humans impose our own dates and times on the calendar. We make New Year’s resolutions on January 1st. We submit tax returns after July 1st. All these things serve to remind us that time passes, and we mark its passing in various ways. As we mark time, we are also given the opportunity to evaluate what has gone and what we’ve done in the duration, and to make future plans.
Each year as the financial year draws to a close, our church gives thanks for all that God has done in the year gone, and plans for the coming year. Some of this relates to financial planning, but it encompasses far more than finances. We acknowledge that God has a plan and purpose for His church throughout this world, and for each one of us as individuals. We thank Him for His blessings and provision, and trust Him to lead and guide us, as a church and individually, throughout this year.
I’d like to share a prayer which was printed on a bookmark for everyone at my church community to take yesterday. Perhaps you would like to print it out for yourself and share in our consecration commitment:

My Prayer
Dear Heavenly Father,
I freshly commit myselt to the
role you have invited me to play,
as you are building your church in
this world. I am awestruck again
today that you include me in this
grand life-giving,
world-transforming endeavour.
So today I joyfully offer you:

MY LOVE
MY HEART
MY TALENTS
MY ENERGY
MY CREATIVITY
MY FAITHFULNESS
MY RESOURCES
AND MY GRATITUDE

I commit all of myself to the role
you have assigned me in the
building of your church so that it
may thrive in this world, and so that
more and more may see and hear
of the love of Jesus.

signed...................................................



“I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which He has called you, the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe.” Ephesians 1:18,19.

No comments:

Post a Comment