Labels

Thursday 22 November 2012

He said "Will you?"- She said "Yes"

He took her to a beautiful place that was special to both of them. They sat together and talked about all the times that they'd shared together, all the happy and sad memories, the values that they treasured and the life they'd built together.
He told her all that she meant to him. Then unexpectedly, he knelt down upon one knee, something he'd never done before, and asked her if she would marry him.
She said yes!
He asked her to close her eyes.
And when he asked her to open them again, he was holding a little wooden box with a glowing diamond ring inside it.

What makes this story so special is that the man is my husband of 32years, who decided that because he had not actually proposed to me all those years ago, he would like me to have the experience of a proper, down-on-the -knee, proposal. He wanted to give me the diamond he would have liked to have given me all those years ago. And he wanted to express that his commitment to me made in December, 1979, is as real and eternal as when he first made it.

There's something very special about a Christian marriage. When God enters into a relationship, he changes the lives that are commited to Him. He makes something lasting and wonderful. I am so thankful that even though my husband and I were not committed Christians when we married, we have grown and developed our values together, we both know the Lord as our Saviour and Lord of our lives and marriage and that we have grown in maturity as Christians, as individuals and as a couple through God's grace. We are still learning, we make mistakes, but we are each committed to making our partner feel loved, respected and supported.

My husband and I are both children of marriages that lasted a lifetime. I pay enormous tribute to both our Mums and Dads for that legacy. I hope it is a legacy that I will pass forward to my children and possible future grandchildren.

Thank You, my Darling husband.

Thank You, heavenly Father.



No comments:

Post a Comment