Labels

Saturday 28 February 2015

A little Bible game

A fun little game to try is one which is based on a Jewish traditional game which encouraged children to search the scriptures. Children were asked to find a passage of scripture in which all the letters of their name could be found in the same order in which they occurred in their name - therefore their name occurred within the passage, although not necessarily within the one word or the same verse. Longer names are, of course, a little more difficult to locate.
See if you can find your name! If you have a Biblical name, you might want to try to locate your surname, or middle name.

My name, Josephine, occurs in
Joshua 1: 10-11
"So Joshua ordered the officers of the people:  “Go through the camp and tell the people, ‘Get your provisions ready."

And Isaiah 41: 8-11

 “But you, Israel, my servant,
    Jacob, whom I have chosen,
    you descendants of Abraham my friend,
I took you from the ends of the earth,
    from its farthest corners I called you.
I said, ‘You are my servant’;
    I have chosen you and have not rejected you.
10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
11 “All who rage against you
    will surely be ashamed and disgraced;
those who oppose you
    will be as nothing and perish.


( I put this one in because verses 9-10 are some of my favourites and have ministered to me greatly over the years)

Happy searching!

No comments:

Post a Comment